Christina Aguilera's abusive childhood inspires her for film

Sunday 4 April, 2010

American singer Christina Aguilera says her abusive childhood was the motivation for her new movie role in `Burlesque`.

"The girl I play, Ali, has a rough past. Her mother dies when she`s very young and she`s been in foster homes. I could relate to that pain, growing up in an abusive household," a website quoted her as saying.

"That gave me great motivation to provoke my tears for the scenes where I had to really pour it on. I felt it deeply, to go through a lot of those things that brought up a lot of painful memories."

Christina stars alongside legendary entertainer Cher in the movie and admits the pair have now become very close.

"Cher embraced me with open arms, it meant the world to me. She`s been very much like a mentor to me. But when we get together and it`s like we`re old girlfriends, we`ll talk and talk. I really adore her."

0 comments: