Gautami is all set for a break post Kynkii..

Wednesday 25 June, 2008
After playing Tulsi in Kynkii... for exactly one year, Gautami is all set to take a ‘much needed’ break. The actor is going on a long holiday with her family: husband Ram Kapoor and daughter Sia.

Says Gautami, “After working in a daily soap for a long time, I really needed a break. Daily soaps are damn tiring. Now that the show is over, we have decided to go on a holiday which will span almost two weeks. We are going to London first, and then we will spend the rest of the time in Spain.”

Gautami says she has no complaints with her term ending in Kyunkii… She says that, she is, in fact, very happy, that her entry and exit have been one of the talking points in the TV industry.

Interestingly, Gautami started shooting for the soap on June 5 last year, and this year, her term ended on the same day. “It is quite ironical that my start and end date is on the same day. I feel this is a funny coincidence,” she quips. Gautami rues the fact that she had to decline a lot of offers while she was working for Kyunkii....

“When I was working, a lot of people approached me and a few of them were really interesting. But, I could not take any of them because I was already tied up with Kyunkii.... Now, I have done with Kyunkii... and am free, not many interesting offers are coming my way,” she says.

Gautami has also refused Ekta Kapoor’s magnum opus Mahabharata. Gautami and Ram’s daughter Sia is just two years old and she does not want to get herself engrossed in too much work. In fact, when she got the offer to play Tulsi, she made it clear to Balaji Telefilms that she wouldn’t be able to give it more than seven hours per day.

“Balaji has been extremely kind to me and I only shot for a limited time frame every day besides getting offs on Friday and Saturday every week. I turned down Mahabharata without even asking what the character was all about. If I would have taken that up, I would have to shoot more than 12 hours each day. Mythologicals are all about costumes and special dialogues; so almost three hours would be spent on just the preparations,” Gautami says.

As her two-year-old Sia is growing up, Gautami wants to spend more time with her. “Ram is shooting for more than 12 hours each day; so it is impossible for him to be by her side all the time. So, I want to be with her, as it is extremely important to be with a kid when she is growing up,” she ends.

0 comments: